Mail Art competition
Children are asked to design artistic envelopes that highlight the theme “Learning from the Earth” in an impressive and eye-catching way. There are no limits to their creativity: the art envelope can be produced using any colours, techniques and materials. Specified format: C4 (22.9 x 32.4 cm), max. width 1 cm. The colourful artworks are sent by post from all over Switzerland to the sparsely populated Safiental in the Graubünden mountains. Closing date: 3 June 2022. The jury there, comprising kids from the Safiental valley, will select the 200 most beautiful art letters and appraise them in the age categories A (6–9 years) and B (10–12 years). The artworks will be put on display in the valley’s guest houses throughout the exhibition period.
Conditions of participation
– Participants must be between 6 and 12 years old.
– Letter in C4 format (22.9 x 32.4 cm), max. width 1 cm
– Design the front of the envelope only.
– If you make a collage, make sure bits of it will not fall off.
– Ensure the name and address are clearly visible and legible on the front side.
– Indicate legibly on the back: first name, last name, e-mail, telephone, full address and date of birth.
– Stamp your art envelope sufficiently and send it from Switzerland to the following address:
ERDE, c/o Art Safiental, Hauptstrasse 35, 7104 Versam
Closing date: 3. Juni 2022
From among the art envelopes submitted, the children’s jury will award prizes to the three best works or young artists per age category. The six prizes are being donated by Safiental Tourism and the Beverin Nature Park.
– First prize: 1 overnight stay in the Safiental with dinner and breakfast for the winning child and their family (max. 2 adults, max. 2 children)
– Second prize: 1-day travelpass for the Tenna solar ski lift (max. 2 adults, max. 2 children)
– Third prize: Nature Park and Safiental Legend Trail T-shirt for the winning child
Winners will be notified in writing by Art Safiental. No cash equivalents to the prizes will be offered.
No correspondence will be entered into regarding the competition.
Closing date for entries: 3 June 2022